2018 AFPA Free Paper Presentation Guidelines
It is the objective of the Free Paper Session to provide a venue for researchers to
present their work in a collegial atmosphere. In this Free Paper Session,
completed researches that have not yet been published, innovative research with
preliminary objective data and case reports on timely and interesting topics are
welcome. In this setting it is hoped that the Free Paper Session will invite
comments and foster meaningful discussion.
Call For Abstracts
On behalf of the PPA Research Committee 2017, we would like to encourage all
participants of the 2018 AFPA International Congress (including those still in
training) to submit abstracts for the Free Paper Session.
General Submission Guidelines
- Up to two (2) Free Paper presentations may be submitted for review per author. Only one (1) presenter per presentation will be allowed. Only six (6) Free Paper presentations will be selected for the session.
- Duplicate submissions will be deleted.
- Free Paper presentations will be selected by the Scientific Committee after all abstract submissions have been reviewed. Authors with selected presentations will be informed by email no later than November 6, 2017 of their presentations’ acceptance.
- Free Paper submissions which are not selected for presentation are automatically reviewed as a Poster submission, and authors will be notified accordingly.
- All presenters must be available to present at the International Congress and must register for the Congress prior to the date of the presentation.
- Although the same abstract/s can be submitted for both Free Paper and Poster Sessions, please submit these separately as they will be reviewed separately. (see below on Email Submission Guidelines)
- Free Paper Presentation Deadline For Submission: OCTOBER 15, 2017
Email submission guidelines
- Please send all submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please use the following Subject Heading: AFPA 2018 Free Paper
Submission/s (YOUR LAST NAME, YOUR FIRST NAME)
- The body of the email should include the following:
- The author’s name (title, full first name, family name)
- Place of work (institution, street address, city, country)
- Contact details (telephone number, email address)
- Funding disclosures
- Complete titles of the attached abstracts
- Either of the following statements “I agree to have my abstract/s published in a supplement to the Philippine Journal of Psychiatry’s latest issue” OR “I do not agree to have my abstract/s published in a supplement to the Philippine Journal of Psychiatry’s latest issue”
- A Presenter CV (for introduction purposes, no more than 200 words in
paragraph form) is required for the Free Paper Session submission as an
- Abstract/s with titles(see below for specific instructions for Abstract
Format Guidelines) is/are required for the Free Paper Submission as an
- All attachments should be in a document compatible with the Word
application (.docx, .doc, etc)
- Please send one (1) email per type of presentation per author (i.e. one
author can use one email to submit 2 Free Paper presentations, but must
send another email to send 3 Poster presentations)
Abstract Format Guidelines
- The Abstract Title should have a maximum of 200 characters, including spaces.
- Please list all co-authors in the correct order.
- Required for Free Paper only – List 2-5 educational objectives for the presentation, with a maximum of 300 characters including spaces.
- The body of the abstract should have a maximum of 4000 characters, including spaces. The abstract should be a concise description of the methodology, results, findings and conclusions
Free Paper Presentation Session Guidelines
- Presenters/Authors should be present for the entire duration of the free paper presentation; the order of presenters may be decided on the day of the presentation.
- Free Paper Presentations will be limited to a maximum of 10 minutes and 20 slides per presentation.